We're always on the search for a better snack yet keep it healthy and super clean. And so we decided to take our Nutty Maple and improve it even further. We decided to create our own hot fudge muffin!
We already have the best tasting paleo muffin and we know it takes only 90 seconds in the microwave to be ready. The only thing we were missing is the chocolate to put inside. You can of course use any type of chocolate you wish, however in the spirit of keeping everything clean, we set to create our own super clean chocolate cubes, that we can keep in the refrigerator for whenever we feel like it. There are also very good paleo certified alternatives out there of course, if you so wish.
Here's what we did:
- Several chunks of 100% cocoa butter - about 2-3oz
- Coconut oil - about 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk (cold press, unsweetened) - about 1/4 cup
- Dates sugar (100% dried, powdered dates) - about 1/4 cup
Add all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl and heat for 1.5 minutes or until the chunks of cocoa butter seem to be melting. Take out and stir well until the mix is consistent. If needed, heat a little more in the microwave (be careful not to burn the cocoa).
Once the chocolate mix is ready, you can taste the result and make sure it is to your liking. You can also add some vanilla extract or extra date sugar if needed.
Finally, pour the liquid chocolate into small cups about 1/2 in high, put on a tray and into the refrigerator. After 24 hours, take the tray out and remove the new chocolate cubes from the small cups. You can keep the cubes in a box. They will last in the refrigerator for many days.
Now that you have your own high quality chocolate, you can have your own hot fudge muffin in less than 2 minutes!! Here's what we did to get the result in the picture:
- Take a MuffinElse muffin (the Nutty Maple would be a great choice for that, but the rest of the flavors would do just great too!).
- Pour the content of the packet into a coffee mug, add water and stir well till batter is smooth.
- Put in microwave for 90 seconds but be ready to stop it!
- Stop after 30 seconds and push down one of the previously prepared chocolate cubes to the bottom of the coffee mug (be careful as the content is hot!).
- Let the microwave run till the end of the 90 seconds.
Be careful when you take out the coffee mug out of the microwave. Let it rest a few seconds before flipping it over a flat plate. Open your muffin to see the melted chocolate. This muffin is so yummy, you wouldn't want to share it with anyone! :)
Enjoy and please let us know in the comments section if you have any ideas or other suggestions! Or send us a picture of your hot fudge MuffinElse muffin.